Tuesday, February 09, 2010

chocolate


Adelle's been making a lot of potions lately, which means she gets in the cupboard and spice jars and mixes whatever with whatever until her potion bottle is good and muddy. Yesterday I found her shoulder deep in the unsweetened cocoa powder rubbing it all over her arms and legs...
me--"Adelle! What are you doing?!"
Deli-- "Mom, don't you looove how chocolate feels on your skin?! It's sooo soft. I know I made a mess but I love it, it feels sooo good!"

I teared up realizing just how mother-and-daugthery we are.

3 comments:

Dona said...

I can see how that would be a bonding moment for you two. The little nut certainly did not fall far from the tree.

chattypatra said...

That is just wonderful. I'm so glad you are a good mother and not an insensitive jerk who would punish her for doing that. Love you!

katharine said...

if you ever take a road trip to hershey,PA, you can do a great mother-daughter spa day with a chocolate soak :) (i saw it on the travel channel and dreamed about it ever since)